The definition of wasting time

The previous semester in Monash ended in the mid November last year. The next semester will be started on March this year. During this period, what 'monashians' do? 
Having a very long semester break!

Some of my friends do internship.
Some do part time job.
Some do summer course.
Me? what am I do?
Not all above. I'm free.. and this reminds me about how I spent my days after SPM, while waiting the result out.

After SPM ended, I stayed at my home in Kuala Kangsar. I still clearly remember my daily schedule during that time.

Waking up in the morning, helping my mom doing chores. 
After zuhur prayer, watching Korean drama "Summer Scent"on TV3.
Then continue with Thailand (If I'm not mistaken) love story on the same channel.. can't remember the title.
Then performing Asar prayer.. always late because of watching.
On 6 pm, watching Hong Kong drama.. that time we have Pearl segment on TV3.
Night, just watching TV randomly because I'm not interested with malay and english movies. So, I just killed the time with anything before going to bedroom. 
Along the holiday, I was also taking driving licence and having English tuition class.

Till the offer letter from Monash reached my home, which means that my holiday had ended, I felt that I already spent my holiday quite good because at least my free time was filled with something.. even though the 'something' was watching a very useless drama. Not even once i felt like wasting time. Instead, I thanked Allah for letting those drama that I followed to be on air during the holiday. 

Never thought that we wasting our time when we did.
Never felt wronged when we did something wrong.
astaghfirullah al-azim.. 

Indeed, Allah were not created us in play. Allah were not created us without any reason.
Al-'Anbiya', 21: 16
Meaning
And We did not create the heaven and earth and that between them in play.
Tafsir al-Jalalayn
And We did not create the heaven and the earth and all that is between them, playing, being frivolous, but to indicate Our power and to benefit Our servants.
Credit to Qur'an site (http://www.quran.com/21)

Al- Mu'minun, 23: 115
Meaning
Then did you think that We created you uselessly and that to Us you would not be returned?"
Tafsir al-Jalalayn
Did you suppose that We created you aimlessly, and not for an underlying reason, and that you would not be returned to Us?’ (read active tarji‘ūna, ‘you [would not] return’, or passive turja‘ūna, ‘you [would not] be returned’) Nay! But [it was] so that We might enthral you with commands and prohibitions, where after you would be returned to Us for Us to requite [you] accordingly.
Credit to Qur'an site (http://www.quran.com/23)

In fact, Allah created us to worship Him..
Adh-Dhariyat, 51: 56
Meaning
And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.

Time is life. Life is given by Allah for to be used to worship Allah. Thus, whatever we did if it is not to worship Allah, it is considered as wasting our time  and our life!

The previous time when I..
Watching korean, thailand, and hong kong drama - Obviously I was not done this to worship Allah
Taking driving licence - i did this for the sake of future needs, as later i shouldn't keep relying on others to go to somewhere. 
Having english class - i did this because English is important right now especially during seeking for a job.

O my Lord, where was in my time that I used to worship You?

Al-Mu'minun, 23: 102-103
Meaning
And those whose scales are heavy [with good deeds] - it is they who are the successful.

Meaning
But those whose scales are light - those are the ones who have lost their souls, [being] in Hell, abiding eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails