A request

    New semester begins today and so I start to attend my lecture as scheduled. My first and the only lecture for today was at noon just now. As a routine in student's life, I attended it without any feeling, neither excited to start my last semester in Monash nor sad as my long holiday has ended. 

   But, after a while listening to the lecture, the lecturer said ".. in this subject, you will learn about the application of biotechnology..". I suddenly felt excited to go through this subject. May be because I hate to just learning theories and then don't know when and how to use them in real life. I just hate the fact that I just  need to pick all the theories given during lectures and then put them back on my assignment and exam sheets to pass the subject. What I want is to apply what I know so that I know what I know!


   I know the laboratory sessions that I have for almost all of my subjects were created for student to apply the theories they learn in class. But I just found that this system didn't work well for myself. Maybe because in laboratory, every sources are limited so that we cannot make any mistake. This give me pressure because as someone who just learn about the thing, of course making mistake is normal. The pressure prevents me to relate what I did in lab with those theories in class. Even though after a mistake, that is not the end of your life as you can explain  the mistake in your report and there is where you learn both theory and reality. But, I think it is better if we have the chance to repeat again. I think I will learn more this way. To make thing worse, there are always a lot theory that were not covered during the lab session. Huh!

   However, I know there are so many obstacles to make a system that fit with everyone. Even the lecturer I mentioned also said that the students will do a project where one mistake will cause everything goes wrong. Well, human-created system always has so many flaws.. especially when the system was created without basing on Al-Quran and As-Sunnah. Now I wonder how was the education system during Abbasiyah period, a period when there were so many amazingly excellent, educated and talented people were produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails