The art of marketing

Experience is a great teacher

My experience as a promoter has opened my eyes to something important to be noted. Basically, the roles of a promoter are to promote product/s to customers, explain all about the product/s, create demand for the product/s if it isn't there, and answer all questions from customers. 

On the first few days of my working, of course I didn't know much about products that I was going to sale. Even though the seniors already mention to me about the products, but since it was done briefly, the information that I get didn't cover everything that I should know. Even worse, I can't remember everything that has been explained. Furthermore, I have no experience in using those products. So, frankly my knowledge about the products was extremely limited.

So at that time, the thing that scared me the most was when customers asking me about the products. Urggghh it's really terrible. They always asked questions that I had never imagine, and of course I don't really know or really don't know the answer. Thus, my responses were either answering with uncertainty, like "maybe...", 'I think..." and "If I not mistaken...", or being the mediator by passing the questions to the seniors. As the consequence, the customer felt doubt about the product or unsatisfied with the explanation. Because of this, convincing customer was really hard to be accomplished by me.

As time passing by, I was improved. For this, other than the seniors, I also have to thank to customers who accelerate my learning progress. Now, I know more about the products and the values to be delivered through the products. As my knowledge increased, so my confidence.

But for some reason, I didn't believe in some values that try to be specially delivered by some products, so that they can be more advanced in term of that values compare to other products equivalent. One day, a customer ask for further explanation about one of the values that I didn't believe in. I supposedly tried to convince the customer that the value is superior to make the product very unique compare to those without the value. However, because my disbelief in the value was so strong that I couldn't help myself to answer something like ""This value is supposed to make this product better than those equivalent product without the same value", instead of confidently answer "This value make this product better". At the end, the customer was also infected with my disbelief in the value - perhaps if the company knew what I was doing, they will fired me immediately!

The art of marketing a product


Through this precious experience, I learned the secret of successfully marketing a product. First, we should extremely know and understand well about our product. Second is to believe in the product to deliver its values. Please note that to believe or to disbelieve, both are your belief.

Islam is my product

As a Muslim who seek Allah's pleasure, Islam is the product that I should market to the whole world. So now is the time to work hard to improve my knowledge, understanding and faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails